Once your new Vinyl Solutions decking
has been installed, you’ll want to keep it looking its best
– and maintaining it couldn’t be easier!
Once we have installed your new Vinyl Solutions decking at your holiday home or lodge – we like to ensure our customers are happy with their new product and are provided with the details they need to ensure their decking is looked after to keep it looking its best.
Don’t worry, you have already made a great choice as all of our decking systems are made from uPVC or composite materials which provide the most low-maintenance and durable option for your outdoor living space. However, regular cleaning and maintenance are recommended to keep your decking in good condition. This is why we have created a simple 8 step guide on how to look after your new uPVC or composite decking which can be found below.
We also include a 10-Year Warranty as standard on all of our installations – so you have the peace of mind on the rare event that anything should go wrong with your decking – full details of what is included within our warranty can be found below.
8 simple steps to keeping your deck looking its best
Here’s our simple guide on how to maintain your new uPVC or composite decking to keep it looking its best for many years to come:
- Sweep the deck regularly: Sweep the decking regularly to remove any dirt, leaves, or debris. This will prevent any build-up that could potentially stain or damage the decking.
- Rinse the decking: Use a garden hose or pressure washer to rinse the decking periodically. This will remove any stubborn dirt and grime that has accumulated on the surface. Avoid using high-pressure water as it could damage the surface of the decking.
- Clean the decking: Use a mild cleaning solution and a soft-bristled brush to clean the decking thoroughly. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers as they could scratch the surface of the decking. Rinse the decking thoroughly with water after cleaning.
- Remove stains: If there are any stubborn stains on the decking, use a specialised uPVC decking cleaner. Apply the cleaner to the affected area and leave it to soak for the recommended time. Scrub the area with a soft-bristled brush and rinse thoroughly with water. You can find our specialist Vinyl Solutions cleaning kit here.
- Check for damage: Inspect the uPVC decking regularly for any signs of damage or wear and tear. Look for cracks, chips, or any other signs of damage. On the rare occasion if you notice any damage, please contact us as soon as possible so we can arrange a visit to repair any damage (if covered within our 10 year warranty) to prevent further damage.
- Avoid harsh chemicals: Avoid using harsh chemicals, such as bleach or solvents, on your decking. These chemicals could damage the surface of the decking and affect its colour and finish.
- Use furniture pads: Place furniture pads under the legs of any furniture placed on the uPVC or composite decking to prevent scratching or scuffing.
- Prevent mold and mildew: Keep the uPVC decking dry to prevent the growth of mold and mildew. Trim any nearby trees or shrubs to prevent leaves and debris from accumulating on the decking.
By following these tips, you can keep your Vinyl Solutions decking in good condition and prolong its lifespan.
Our comprehensive 10 Year Warranty is included for all Vinyl Solutions decking installations.
All of our products are manufactured using quality raw materials and are produced with engineering excellence designed for years of low maintenance performance. The manufacturer warrants that these will not peel, rot, blister, rust, flake, chip, crack, corrode or be consumed by insects, solely due to defects in material, manufacturing, or exposure to coastal air (salt spray).
We further warrant that our products are free from manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship for the 10 year period from the date it was originally installed, when subjected to normal and proper use.
Vinyl Solutions Shop
Visit the Vinyl Solutions online shop for products to complement
your decking, including cleaning and maintenance
products, accessories and replacement items.