- On 26/02/2019
We’re recruiting for a full time Finance Manager, for more information about the role and how to apply, please see the details below.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm.
Location: Poole, Dorset
About the role
Established in 2000, Vinyl Solutions are a recognised decking provider working in partnership with the major park operators in the UK. We have a factory and showroom in Poole, Dorset and a team of decking advisors and approved decking installers across the UK. Due to the growth in business and our expansion plans we are currently looking for a Finance Manager to work closely with our Business owners and Senior Management Team.
As Finance Manager, you will play a key role in leading the finance function and supporting the short and long-term strategy of the company.
- Provide clear direction and decisive leadership of the finance function. Providing financial stewardship for Vinyl Solutions Limited (VSL).
- Work with the Senior Management Team to ensure VSL has a fit for purpose operations and accounting information and reporting system that is able to meet the needs of a growing business operating model.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the existing staff in the finance department.
- Ensure the timely and accurate production of monthly management accounts.
- Maintain a continuous improvement philosophy around reporting, business metrics, and proactive analysis of the business.
- Function as a change agent where relevant, bringing challenges to commercial decisions.
- Assume ownership and present to the Board on all key finance matters, whilst acting as a key conduit between all other key areas of the business such as Sales, Purchasing and Operations.
- Maintaining oversight, communication and proactive management of pricing, costs, overheads, sales commissions, supplier rebates, invoicing, credit notes and expense reconciliations.
- Prepare company budget, forecasting and KPI’s. Prepare management and company for ultimate exit either through MBO, listing or M&A.
- Ownership of lending relationships, cash management, pensions, insurances, corporation tax, VAT, human resources and all financing.
Who we’re looking for
The successful candidate will have:
- A Finance Professional qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with at least 5 years PQE.
- Proven experience as a Finance Controller or Finance Manager with a track record of providing strong financial leadership to an SME.
- Evidence of making a demonstrable contribution to the overall management and development of a business, including sound financial control.
- A vibrant commercial orientation and high-level strategic thinking, capable of challenging the status quo in a constructive manner.
- Strong knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS.
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced financial modelling and interrogation spreadsheet skills specifically MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Experience with managing evaluation, due diligence, execution and integration of potential acquisitions.
- Stakeholder management experience, both internally and externally.
- Ability to adapt quickly and establish trust and respect at all levels.
- Down to earth and no-nonsense person who will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where there is daily change and innovation.
- Familiarity with IT systems development and upgrades.
- The successful candidate will be required to live within commutable distance from the company’s offices in Poole.
If this looks like the perfect role for you, please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for the role to email@example.com by 15th March 2019.
Due to a high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to every applicant directly. If you have not heard from us within 7 days of applying, please assume your application has not been successful. We look forward to hearing from you.