- On 10/04/2018
We are currently recruiting for a full time Buyer to join our busy Operations team. For more information about the role and how to apply, please see the details below.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm.
Salary – DOE
About the role
Established in 2000, Vinyl Solutions are a recognised decking provider working in partnership with most of the major park operators in the UK. We have a factory and showroom in Poole, Dorset and a team of decking advisors and approved uPVC decking installers across the UK. Due to the growth in business and our expansion plans we are currently looking for a Buyer to join our team.
Based at our office in Poole, and reporting into the Operations Director, you will be responsible for all product purchasing, cost saving and management of the buying function.
The successful applicant will be a first-class negotiator, proactive and extremely organised with genuine enthusiasm and a thirst to learn quickly.
- Research and develop more cost-efficient strategies for purchasing of goods
- Analyse current supplier spend, research and deliver more efficient cost for all products
- Perform regular stock checks, ensuring quantities are correct for current and planned manufacturing levels
- Analyse market trends, staying ahead of the curve and planning for market upheaval
- Raise purchase orders via Sage 200
- Nurture and develop excellent working relationships with all suppliers and monitor performance in accordance with agreed KPI’s and Service Level Agreements.
- Introduce a formal tendering process and purchasing policies
- Any other duties as required
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a Buyer/Senior Buyer role, ideally in a manufacturing environment
- First class problem solving skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent level of English both written and verbal
- Analytical with strong numerical ability
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude towards role development
- Ability to understand data and report to senior management
- Advanced Excel capabilities
- Ability to work within time limitations
- Experience using Sage 200 (Desirable)
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of our team and work in an innovative and growing business.
To be considered for this opportunity please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for the role to HR@vinylsolutions.co.uk by 30th April 2018.